Wilcox Health Foundation
The spread of COVID-19 across Hawaii has required our health care teams to navigate and respond to this rapidly-evolving crisis. We are extremely grateful for the community’s support during this time of greatest medical need.”
Dawn M. Dunbar, Senior Vice President of Philanthropy, Hawaii Pacific Health
Ways Your Support Helps
As a not-for-profit medical center, Wilcox Medical Center relies on the community to fulfill its mission of creating a healthier Hawaii. Generous donors play a vital role in helping the medical center provide exceptional health care at our facility in Lihue where we serve as the island’s only designated Level III Trauma Center.
Our dedicated funding opportunities channel your gifts to the areas you care about most. To learn more about the various funds created to support Wilcox Medical Center, contact our foundation at 808-535-7100.
Protecting Our Community
It is our mission to create a healthier Hawaii. Never has our call to action to serve you and your family been more critical than it is right now. The health and well being of our entire state is being felt in every corner of Wilcox Medical Center. With our steadfast commitment to resolve the COVID-19 crisis, we need you to join us in protecting our community. You can also help now through your donations for staffing and supplies. Our medical teams are working around the clock to help and heal as many people as possible during this unprecedented time. A gift to Wilcox’s COVID-19 relief efforts will assist our patients, families and care providers.
Needed support for Emergency and Trauma Care
Emergencies are unexpected, and fortunately the community on Kauai has Wilcox Medical Center when they need immediate medical attention.
- Wilcox’s Emergency Department averages 25,000 visits annually.
- Wilcox was the first neighbor island medical center to be designated as a Level III Trauma Center.
- Wilcox is the first Hawaii trauma center to be verified by the American College of Surgeons.
- Wilcox averages 450 trauma activations per year.
Learn more about emergency and trauma care at Wilcox, which are ongoing needs that truly matter.
Grateful Patients, Your Gift Counts
People who come to Wilcox Medical Center’s Emergency Department for care may be your family member, your friend or your neighbor. Consider these numbers:
- There are more than 65,000 residents on Kauai.
- There is an average of one million visitors to the Garden Island annually.
Wilcox has thousands of patient stories of hope restored and lives saved. If it wasn’t for Wilcox’s emergency team, Wynand Egberts may have never walked again. Read Wynand’s story here.
Every Donation Counts
Your gift to Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children, Pali Momi Medical Center, Straub Medical Center and Wilcox Medical Center will help us create a healthier Hawaii for our patients, our communities and our state.
Gifts to our Hawaii Pacific Health medical centers enable us to:
- Create programs for preventive care, lifesaving services and emotional support.
- Invest resources to promote health and well being.
- Purchase equipment to advance technology.
- Train physicians and caregivers and transform patient care now and for the future.